Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My weekend

To start off, the much anticipated Friday night was really a terrible let down. I’m not gonna dwell on that as it will only give me a heartache. Maybe I’ll write something about it. Or maybe not.

Saturday.. my team entered the UIA Open volleyball tournament. The first game was at 12 noon and somehow one of the players managed to get there late. Could you believe that? I felt like slapping the guy till he sees Pluto. The emergency replacement also got there late. Why? Because he got lost inside the university. This one, I wholly put the blame on the person who gave him the directions.

Sya

So we forfeited the first match. Everybody was disappointed. Especially the setter, Ami. To rub salt on the wound, we could’ve beaten that team easily, and proceeded to the semi since the we won the next two matches and the team we would’ve met in the quarter was not strong.

The disappointment was enough to make me think of quitting volleyball tournaments right then and there. But I think I’ll do that next year and concentrate more in netball. At least the chances of winning are higher. Hehehe.. Oh, lots of thanks to the referees for helping us in the first match, even though in the end it made no difference. And no thanks to that woman in pink for being such a bitch about the whole thing. Yes.. you are.

Saturday night.. my friend from netball got married. Fid said, “Finally, after ten years.” Makes me wonder what took them so long. Hehehehe.. But then, it’s not cheap to get married nowadays. You’d probably need around RM15-20K just to have a medium-size wedding. And no, that’s not the reason why I’m still single. That’s for me to know and for you not to know. Hahahaha...

The wedding went well, if delayed a bit. Frankly speaking, I have no idea why they did the “bersanding” (I don’t think there’s an English equivalent for that word) twice.. the first one that night and the second one the next day. Part of the wedding package, perhaps. So that was the first part and not very many people turned up. Intentionally done, I think. But I have to say that the make-up of the bride was rather dull and totally not suitable for a wedding. I personally think that the make-up should lit up the bride’s face, not darken it.

Siti - Azmi

The second part of the wedding was done the next day. The concept was orange and I went along with it and wore an orange t-shirt. Hehehe.. I’m not much into wedding, but once in a while ok laa.. 90% of the Legend team was there.. plus the coach and her kids. And three from team Cobra. True to form, we were the rowdiest people there, with a markedly lack of decorum compared to the other guests. I think it’s part of the nature of team Legend, creating havoc wherever we go. Hehehe..

Pompuan Lorong :)

Pompuan² lorong.. hehehe..



All in all, it was a rather tiring weekend. I was half asleep most of the time. But the cap of the weekend has to be the massage I got on Sunday night. It was good. I slept like a baby that night. And woke up still tired on Monday morning. Damn! Hahahahaha...

No comments: